Child Custody in Maryland: What You Must Know?
Divorce has become extremely common in the US. If you look at the year-on-year data, you will understand that there is a great rise in the number of divorce cases. Some couples stay together due to their strong commitment. Divorce is not essential in all cases. There are a lot of couples who frequently express regret for not trying harder before getting divorced. Some of the common reasons for divorce are
- Less Income: Financial problems can increase the stress on people, which sometimes leads to divorce.
- Age: Getting married at a young age can also increase the chances of divorce.
- Lack of education: According to the studies, lack of education is also one of the common causes of divorce. People with minimum intermediate education are at less risk for divorce.
- Lack of communication: No proper communication can lead to conflicts in marriage.
- Extra-Marital Affairs: Extramarital affairs can cause feelings of betrayal, which can lead to complicated and costly divorce proceedings. If one of the spouses has been unfaithful, the trust between them will be shattered. This leads to investigations and court proceedings.
It’s extremely difficult to end a marriage. When you have a kid, getting divorced or separated can be even more difficult. When it comes to childless couples, the process of getting divorced will be will be much easier. Couples who have a child often fight for child custody. Besides, it is the court that will decide, which parent will be able to provide better care to their child. In short, the court handovers the responsibility of the child to whichever parent can take care of the child’s needs well.
If you are planning to file for divorce, the first thing which you have to do is hire a divorce lawyer. When you hire a divorce lawyer, he will help you regarding several things such as child custody, property distribution, etc. The Law Offices of Thomas Stahl has the best divorce lawyers in Maryland.
Hence, if you are looking for divorce lawyers in Maryland, do contact them once and you will definitely feel confident about your case. You could also check out their LinkedIn account to get a good idea about their expertise and track record.
What are the different types of custody?
- Physical Custody: When it comes to physical custody, it involves spending time with your child and making decisions regarding the child’s daily requirements.
- Legal Custody: Legal custody involves making decisions related to the child’s medical treatment, education, overall welfare, and religious upbringing. A parent who gets legal custody of the child can make decisions regarding everything from which school to go to daily to which doctor to visit when falls sick.
The court does not favour any of the parents when making a decision about child custody in Maryland. The court will take many factors into consideration such as the kid’s interest, age, parents’ mental and physical fitness, financial condition, kid’s health condition, etc. The main job of the court is to help the child lead a fulfilling and comfortable life. If any parent fails to follow the court orders, they will be punished.
Take the appointment from the best divorce lawyer in Maryland to stay stress free!